Friday 16 April 2010

Target: Red Coat with Black Spots...

When I was a child I would sit and play in the grass with my friends and we would often see ladybugs and let them crawl on our arms or legs. We thought lady bugs were beautiful....how lovely a creature with a red coat and black spots. As with many things when you grow up you are awakened to the harsh reality that life seen through a child's eyes is often far from reality.

It seems to be lady bug season in my house and in particular, my room. I may even go as far as to say that there is a lady bug infestation in my room. They live in my windows. I don't know where they come from but they move from the windows to my lamps, to my ceiling and my floor. I've heard that it's bad luck to kill a lady bug and if this is true then I'm pretty much doomed to bad luck for the rest of my life. I've killed tons. I kill them before bed and the next morning there is a whole new crop of them. Worst thing: when you kill a lady bug or when it senses fear it releases the most horrible scent, it's disgusting.

Reality is that lady bugs are no longer those beautiful innocent bugs with a lovely red coat and black spots. In my adult world they are now unwelcome house guests that must be destroyed.

It's a good day if I can kill 4 with one kleenex.

Welcome to the adult world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Darc ... those little bugs are cute :)