Tuesday 12 June 2007

Help God, Please Help....

Yesterday was a horrible day. Right beside our house a young woman from our community was killed. She is the mom of 2 boys. In our community everyone pretty much knows everyone. Some of the family goes to our church. It was aweful and I am glad that yesterday is over. The mom was riding her bike with one of her little boys in the back buggy and she was hit. The little boy is alright, I am thankful for that. It is hard to know what to do in this situation, you just want to help but you don't know how. So I will pray for them, because that is all I can do right now. I find it easy to ask God why this had to happen but that doesn't help. I found myself praying all day yesterday help God, please help. This world sometimes really sucks. Something like this makes you think about your life. How are your relationships with your family, with your friends, who do you live for in this world? Did you tell that person that you love them today? A day like yesterday makes me want to take my family, lock them in the house and say you can never leave because it is safer here and I need to know you are ok because I need you. Pray for the family, pray that somehow God would comfort them. Pray that in your own life you would cherish each moment and the people in it.

Heavy hearted today,
The Kindred Spirit

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hi there Darcie girl...
Thanks for your honesty today. Just remember that there is nowhere you can go that God has not been there before you.
If you live every day like you wouldn't have tomorrow...there would be no regrets.
Keep trusting!

Anonymous said...

No prayer went unheard - yours included. When prayer is all we can do - it's usually the thing that's most needed and the thing the Lord has placed you in that moment to do. Prayer was and is still important in this situation and the Lord's ear is always open. He loves to hear you pray. A quote on prayer I like - Prayer delights God's ear, it melts His heart, it opens His hand: God cannot deny a praying soul. -- Thomas Watson

Thanks for sharing your feelings!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Darcie!
I haven't come over here in awhile, but I had some time today. When I saw your post with Cry OUt to Jesus, it stru a familiar key in me. When I saw this post below it, I almost cried. Darcie, last summer that song was on my heart sooo much. Then, in August, a nieighbor was murdered by his own son. I never met him. I knew so many neighbors, and I'm known around here myself, but although I passed by his house so often, and admired their garden, I'd never met the couple that lived there. That night as I washed the dishes and the media cars and police cars went up and down and around our street, I sang with a full and heavy heart, "To everyone who's lost someone they love, long before it was their time..." Even now I'm getting choked up just thinking of it!
And then there was the shooting at Dawson. I listened to the radio all afternoon, from a few minutes before 1 pm until 6 p.m., and that song kept beating through my head as I prayed. Actually it's interesting that you posted that song on June 13...it was the 9-month anniversary of the Dawson shooting. I had so many friends there, Stacy (Anasasia) had friends in my meighborhood, and I wear pink every 13th and Wednesday in memory of her, even though I never knew her.

I will keep that family in prayer who lost their dear mom.

Love and Prayers,
Rose