Tuesday 22 September 2009

I'm Back!!!!

Summer is over and I'm back in Wainfleet. I just got back on Sunday from my road trip to Nashville with Joy and can I just say that is was the best trip of my life! Nashville is an amazing city and there is tons of stuff to do. We spent our 5 days there going to the Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, going to a Nashville Preds game, eating at some cool restaurants, spending some time in Franklin, roadtripping from Nashville to Memphis to tour Graceland....and those are just a few highlights. I have tons of pictures on facebook but I'll post a few of my favs.....




So my family has moved into our new house....which hopefully I will post some pics of soon. I'm adjusting very well to life in my large new room! I've also started job hunting which I must say is very stressful. I just hate the time between not having a job to getting an interview to transitioning into life at the new workplace.....but I'm just praying that the Lord has a job for me and hopefully I'll be able to stumble into it. I'm still working part time at my church as the children's ministry assistant which I'm enjoying so I'm thankful that I have something to work at until I find another something.

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday and it doesn't seem like long ago that I was blogging about turning 20! I guess a lot can happen in 2 years....I wonder what will happen in the next couple of years? It seems that this age brings about a lot of change and a lot of independence. I spent my summer living at camp (as you can read below) and it's a lot different coming home and trying to adjust back to living with your family. It's also different learning how to adjust to living with your parents when you somewhere along the way have become an adult too.....at least somewhat. The lines start to appear blurry and I guess it's quite frightening for me. I'm hoping once I find a job and settle into that then this new normal will actually begin to feel normal. I guess it's a lot of change at once. My best friend Diana left last week to return back to Haiti to teach for another year. I know she's where she's supposed to be but it's still hard that she's so far away. Pray for her if she comes to mind....she's doing great work!

Well I think that's all for now....I'm hoping to start getting back into blogging now that fall is here and summer is over...but I guess we'll see how it goes!

Sweet Dreams Y'all,
~The Kindred Spirit

No comments: